The Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (built in 1906 and restored in the late 80s) and the catholic church are one Of the old buildings in the village Baranivka. Fortunately, they have survived to this day.
Baranivka is an ancient village, first mentioned in the middle of the fifteenth century! From the last quarter of the nineteenth century this area belonged to Stanisław Potocki.
In 1908-1909, a stone chapel with a bell tower was built for Catholics in the village with donations from the faithful and possibly the Potocki family. Before that, the Catholics belonged to the parish of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Berezhany. Before the construction of the churches in the village, Catholics and Greek Catholics lived in equal numbers. The latter belonged to the parish in Shybalyn.
The new Catholic chapel in Baranivka was consecrated in 1910. During the First World War, the church, like many other buildings in Baranivka, was damaged. In Soviet times, the building was used, according to the website Churches and Chapels of Ukraine rkc.in.ua, probably as a storage facility.
Until recently, the building had a different appearance, was gradually deteriorating, and had every chance of being forgotten. But now it has been renovated. And as of 2023, it looks pretty decent.